This creative drama lesson encourages children to think about all the jobs that people do in our community and in the world. Students will be guided to sing, dance, share stories, and play. Activities will nurture and enhance each child’s ability to communicate their ideas and feelings. Through movement-based storytelling and guided imagination play, children will build spatial awareness and physical control. Their creative and critical thinking skills will blossom as they play and explore with their friends!
In this lesson, students will:
- Engage their voice, body, and their imagination during creative warm-ups.
- Practice moving in self-space, shared space, and general space.
- Build literacy skills as they listen and contribute to a story about being unique.
- Practice taking turns and sharing, as they play drama games.
- Grow their communication skills as they play with friends.
Inside Drama Notebook, you will find a huge collection of well-organized lesson plans, scripts for kids, drama activities, 50 drama games on video and more! Join today and dramatically reduce your planning time while delivering fresh, innovative drama lessons to your students! If you are new to teaching drama, this site will be a Godsend! You will immediately feel confident about teaching drama like an expert. The site guides you step-by-step and provides you with materials that you can use right away with your students.
If you have been teaching for years, Drama Notebook will inspire you with a fresh new approach and innovative ideas!
The site is packed with original, innovative lessons and activities that you will not find anywhere else—and new materials are added monthly.