For ages 6 and up
Welcome to the “over-the-top”, always exciting, and highly emotional world of Melodramatic Theatre! This lesson plan will give you the necessary materials to teach the basics of Melodrama and inspire your students to perform in more creative ways.
- Complete tutorial covering the basics of Melodrama
- List of Melodramatic plot devices
- Keys to Melodramatic acting style
- List of stock characters with descriptions
- Eight standard Melodramatic gestures with descriptions
- Two Melodramatic warm-up activities
- Seven ready-to-use Melodramatic situations
- Three skill-building activities
- Nine scenario-prompts for students to use to create their own Melodrama
- Printable “Match the Character with the Description” worksheet
- Three mini-melodrama scripts
- And more!
Inside Drama Notebook, you will find a huge collection of well-organized lesson plans, scripts for kids, drama activities, 50 drama games on video and more! Join today and dramatically reduce your planning time while delivering fresh, innovative drama lessons to your students!If you are new to teaching drama, this site will be a Godsend!You will immediately feel confident about teaching drama like an expert. The site guides you step-by-step and provides you with materials that you can use right away with your students.
If you have been teaching for years, Drama Notebook will inspire you with a fresh new approach and innovative ideas!
The site is packed with original, innovative lessons and activities that you will not find anywhere else—and new materials are added monthly.