*This document does NOT count toward your monthly download limit.
Excellent tutorial that covers proper breathing, breath control, projection and more! Written by guest artist Lindsay Price of Theatrefolk.
Example of a breathing activity:
Breathing Exercise to work on Projection
- Inhale fully and exhale on a vowel sound. Start quietly and build the sound throughout the exhale. Stay in control, keep the sound going for the entirety of the exhale.
- Inhale fully and exhale on a vowel sound. Start loudly and decrease your volume throughout the exhale. Stay in control, keep the sound going for the entirety of the exhale.
- Inhale fully and exhale on a vowel sound. This time move back and forth between a loud and quiet sound throughout the exhale.
- Inhale fully and exhale on a ten count going from loud to soft.
- Inhale fully and exhale on a ten count going from soft to loud.
- Stand on stage and whisper a speech. Make it a stage whisper, loud enough for someone to hear at the back of the theatre.
- This exercise is done in pairs. Everyone lines up, with the pairs facing each other. Each pair starts a conversation. After 20 seconds, tell the lines to take three steps back. The pairs must continue their conversation. After another 20 seconds, the lines take another three steps back, and so on. Discuss afterwards. Were you able to stay relaxed? What was hard about the exercise? Did you strain your voice?
Inside Drama Notebook, you will find a huge collection of well-organized lesson plans, scripts for kids, drama activities, 50 drama games on video and more! Join today and dramatically reduce your planning time while delivering fresh, innovative drama lessons to your students!If you are new to teaching drama, this site will be a Godsend!You will immediately feel confident about teaching drama like an expert. The site guides you step-by-step and provides you with materials that you can use right away with your students.
If you have been teaching for years, Drama Notebook will inspire you with a fresh new approach and innovative ideas!
The site is packed with original, innovative lessons and activities that you will not find anywhere else—and new materials are added monthly.