This lesson should be called, “World’s Dumbest Criminals.” Here are 30 hilarious crime-related scenarios that seem so idiotic that they can’t be true…but they are! Students will love improvising bumbling criminals, witnesses and law enforcement officers as they act out real-life stupid crimes.
Included are thirty prompts. Students can be put in pairs or small groups depending on the scene.
Sample funny crime scenarios:
- A crook brings his young overactive son along with him when he robs a pet shop.
- A bank robbery suspect is arrested after stopping for a news interview during a crime spree.
- An elderly man thinks he’s having a heart attack, so he confesses to a murder he committed 20 years ago. Then he finds out he isn’t going to die after all.
- A thief tries to pay a waitress with a credit card that he stole from her days before.
- A man notices an elderly man being robbed, so he jumps in and punches the thief. The thief is so upset he calls the police to complain.
BONUS: List of crimes committed in 14 popular fairy tales! Students can act out the crimes, playing up the criminal elements, or hold mock trials to bring the offenders to justice!
Sample fairy tale crimes:
- Sleeping Beauty – (Grievous bodily harm by curse)
- Cinderella – (Unlawful imprisonment; slavery)
• Goldilocks and the Three Bears – (Breaking and entering; vandalism; theft of food
Inside Drama Notebook, you will find a huge collection of well-organized lesson plans, scripts for kids, drama activities, 50 drama games on video and more! Join today and dramatically reduce your planning time while delivering fresh, innovative drama lessons to your students!If you are new to teaching drama, this site will be a Godsend!You will immediately feel confident about teaching drama like an expert. The site guides you step-by-step and provides you with materials that you can use right away with your students.
If you have been teaching for years, Drama Notebook will inspire you with a fresh new approach and innovative ideas!
The site is packed with original, innovative lessons and activities that you will not find anywhere else—and new materials are added monthly.