Four fun wizard-themed improv activities to use with your group!
As a drama teacher, it’s often exhausting to try and come up with new activities every time you employ a new theme. Let Drama Notebook inspire you instead! If you are working on a wizard-themed unit, here are four completely original improv activities to try.
Example: Mail Time at Hogsbottom Hall
In a circle, have students briefly act out the following letters for themselves or others:
- You receive a Screamer (an audible message expressing anger)
- You receive an unexpected gift
- You receive a mushy note from your mom
- You receive an offer to buy a new magical item (potion, tool, spell, etc.)
- You receive a serious warning from an anonymous sender
- You receive a clue to solving a strange mystery at Hogsbottom
Inside Drama Notebook, you will find a huge collection of well-organized lesson plans, scripts for kids, drama activities, 50 drama games on video and more! Join today and dramatically reduce your planning time while delivering fresh, innovative drama lessons to your students!
If you are new to teaching drama, this site will be a Godsend!
You will immediately feel confident about teaching drama like an expert. The site guides you step-by-step and provides you with materials that you can use right away with your students.
If you have been teaching for years, Drama Notebook will inspire you with a fresh new approach and innovative ideas!
The site is packed with original, innovative lessons and activities that you will not find anywhere else—and new materials are added monthly.