This activity helps actors to get to know their space as well as practice using their bodies in different ways. Establish clearly defined boundaries for the players to stay inside. Have players move about the room, paying attention to the space around them.
- Keep walking.
- Only now pretend you are walking through pudding.
- Think about what it feels like and how your body would move through pudding.
- For example, you might move more slowly now because pudding is thicker than air.
- After a while, pretend the space has turned into clouds.
- Think about what it feels like, and how you might walk through clouds.
Suggestions for different spaces:
- Frozen pond
- Mashed potatoes
- The moon
- Pea soup
- Cotton candy
- On a boat in a storm
Instructions for twelve different kinds of space-walks are included in Drama Notebook such as:
- Space walk as different animals
- Space walk to music
- Space walk with weather
- And more!
Free Drama Games
Inside Drama Notebook, you will find a huge collection of well-organized lesson plans, scripts for kids, drama activities, 50 drama games on video and more! Join today and dramatically reduce your planning time while delivering fresh, innovative drama lessons to your students!
If you are new to teaching drama, this site will be a Godsend!
You will immediately feel confident about teaching drama like an expert. The site guides you step-by-step and provides you with materials that you can use right away with your students.
If you have been teaching for years, Drama Notebook will inspire you with a fresh new approach and innovative ideas!
The site is packed with original, innovative lessons and activities that you will not find anywhere else—and new materials are added monthly.